Sunday, November 13, 2011

Et Voila! Choclolate Guinness Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing (and a little Bailey's)


Preheat your oven to 350F. Pour 8 ounces of Guinness into a large wide saucepan, add 9 ounces of unsalted butter (pats) and heat until the butter melts. Then, whisk in 6 tbsp of cocoa and 2 cups of sugar. In a separate bowl, beat together 5 fluid ounces of sour cream, 2 eggs and 1 tbsp of vanilla extract... pour into the saucepan. Stir. Whisk in 2 cups of flour and 2 1/2 tsp baking soda.
Pour the batter into cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the icing, beat 10 ounces of cream cheese until smooth, add 1 cup of confectioner's sugar, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, Bailey's (to taste- if your adding a lot, cut back on the cream slightly) and beat until spreadable. Ice cupcakes when they are COMPLETELY cooled. My new favorite cake :)

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to make these tomorrow for my book club meeting. I picked an English book and will be making a lentil shepherd's pie and these for dessert. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete